At this time, we are not accepting applications for assistance.
The response to our humanitarian assistance program for endangered atheist writers, bloggers, and secular rights activists has been overwhelming this year, most likely because of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in conjunction with the resulting economic crisis. We have seen a significant increase in funding requests since March and have already allocated twice as much aid as we normally do by the middle of the year. As a result, we will need to put a temporary hold on receiving new applications for assistance until further notice.
We thank you in advance for your understanding during this unique time in history.
If you are not an atheist or secular activist, blogger, writer or publisher, our ability to assist you will be limited.
*Secular Rescue is not able to provide a travel visa for anyone who cannot legally qualify for a visa.*
Types of assistance that may be available, for eligible candidates:
- letter of support;
- financial assistance for food, travel, and/or living expenses;
- information about asylum/refugee application processes;
- relocation to a safer place;
- legal aid, medical attention, or counseling services;
- assistance with travel visa application* and/or fees;
- immediate protection services;